Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with I-130 for Siblings

Hello,

I am a U.S Citizen and I am filing I-130 for parents. Should I also file for my siblings or wait for my parents to come here, get their green card and have them apply for my siblings?
    It's about the "preference" situation that I ask. If I apply they are a P4, if parents apply they are a P2A.

!

Originally posted by liqu1dsnake View Post
    Hello,

I am a U.S Citizen and I am filing I-130 for parents. Should I also file for my siblings or wait for my parents to come here, get their green card and have them apply for my siblings?
    It's about the "preference" situation that I ask. If I apply they are a P4, if parents apply they are a P2A.

!
    What is your sibling's country of birth and is your sibling married?

Your parents will be immediate relatives. But your sibling needs to be unmarried (and stay unmarried) to be sponsored by a legal permanent resident parent. Usually in this scenario the parents naturalize (after 5 years of LPR status) and then sponsor your sibling as an immediate relative...

It is sometimes faster and tells you something about the long wait for siblings...

Comment

Originally posted by William_21 View Post
      What is your sibling's country of birth and is your sibling married?

Your parents will be immediate relatives. But your sibling needs to be unmarried (and stay unmarried) to be sponsored by a legal permanent resident parent. Usually in this scenario the parents naturalize (after 5 years of LPR status) and then sponsor your sibling as an immediate relative...

It is sometimes faster and tells you something about the long wait for siblings...
      Hello,

My siblings are 10 and 15 years old right now, they are in Denmark. I applied (sent in the I-130) for all of them a week ago, so what is the best course of action going forward?

I know my parents are immediate relative and there shouldn't be an issue, but I am sure they wouldn't wanna leave the kids and come over just like that so I am trying to explain to them their options!

thanks for the earlier response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X