• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citizenship change after I-140 is approved

Current Citizenship: India
    Current Country of Residence: Canada
    Current Immigration Status in Canada: Permanent Resident
    Canadian Citizenship Eligibility: Will be eligible later this year, 2016
    US Immigration Status: I-140 Approved (EB2).
    Expected visa availability: Priority date is expected to become current in late 2020.

Question 1:
    If the citizenship changes from Indian to Canadian:
    a) Does it affect the approved PERM and/or approved I-140
    b) What steps/amendments are to be made to the Greencard process.

Question 2:
    With Canadian citizenship, while waiting for US priority date to become current… what are the options to work for the US Employer (different from Canadian Employer).Please suggest available options that will not affect the ongoing Greencard process.

Question 3:
    If H1B is pursued using Indian Passport, what happens when citizenship changes to Canadian:
    a) Can H1B be transferred from Indian Passport to Canadian Passport.
    b) Please suggest available options that will not affect the ongoing Greencard process.

Question 1:
    If the citizenship changes from Indian to Canadian:
    a) Does it affect the approved PERM and/or approved I-140 - No it doesn't affect it
    b) What steps/amendments are to be made to the Greencard process. - Not sure if you can do amendments to GC

Question 2:
    With Canadian citizenship, while waiting for US priority date to become current… what are the options to work for the US Employer (different from Canadian Employer).Please suggest available options that will not affect the ongoing Greencard process.

You got to stay in Canada and get paid in CAD, you can travel to US on your PR card and work

Btw, do you mind to guide me process for Canada PR and also attorney or law firm you took service from?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X