Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for GC - spouse with previous gc

Hi,

I have a slightly complicated case (which I'm only starting to realize now). Im on H1b, on last 6 months of my 6 years. At this point I have an approved I-140 (pd Oct 2014). Approved EAD Nov 2015. My spouse and had an interview during which the officer said that my spouse had previously held a Green card (as a child 26 years ago, when he lived here for few years with his parents who worked and had green card too). Since then he has left the US and come back to study and on H1b himself for the last 3 years. Now he was able to come here on tourist, student and then work visa no problem. And at some point before he returned to the US for the first time 15 years ago had filed paperwork necessary to 'give up' the green card (as children of working parents, no longer working here, I dont think the green card would count anyway?). The officer did mention that he has verified that the old GC has been nullified and my application should have no issues in terms of adjustment of status. This interview was back in March and I haven't had any updates to the case since. I waned to get feedback on anyone else who has knowledge on similar cases where either the applicant or spouse has previously held a GC and now reapplying for adjustment of status. Please let me know. Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X