EB-1B: Tenure/permanent position alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB-1B: Tenure/permanent position alternative

Hello guys! I am employed as an full time art professor here in the states where our contract for full time faculty lasts only a year. I have been teaching graduate and undergraduate courses for 7 years now. Note that this is a full time faculty position; not a part-time or adjunct position, and that my college simply doesn't issue tenure track positions to anyone. I am able to acquire a letter from my college that states the following:

"This letter will confirm that the Beneficiary <my name> is being offered full-time employment on an indefinite basis in the position of Professor of Animation, which is a permanent position. Please see the attached detailed job description. The annual salary offered to the Beneficiary in the position of Professor of Animation is <my salary>. While the Petitioner <college name> does not offer any “tenure” of ‘tenure-track” teaching positions, this letter will confirm that the overall nature of the Professor of Animation position offered is indeed “tenured” of “tenure-track” in that the position of Professor of Animation is a permanent position and Professor <my name> is being offered this position on an indefinite basis (for an indefinite period of duration). Accordingly, the Beneficiary <my name> would have a reasonable expectation of long-term employment with the Petitioner <college name>."

I wanted to ask if the language used above helps qualify me for EB-1B green card (Outstanding Professor). Applying for such processes implies a significant investment of money and time. So I thought I'd explore avenues such as this website. Please help!

Your situation is not very different from that of researchers, most of who do not have a tenure early in their career. If you look up past USCIS cases you will notice that USCIS does understand that the position exists as long as funding exists, but there is a remote possibility that it will cease to exist. From that perspective you case is actually stronger than most, since your university is willing to provide the letter. So, I would not expect denial solely based on this issue.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X