Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you have two green card applications at the same time ( Employment and family)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you have two green card applications at the same time ( Employment and family)?

Hi there,
    I started my green card application process through my employer before I got married ( I am born in the UK and Canadian citizen). They are now in the I-140 step. I got married to my US born husband 8 months ago. I am thinking of applying for a marriage based green card because the process could be shorter than my current employment based green card. However, I am scared to stop the employment based green card process. I am wondering if it is possible to have green card applications at the same time ( through my employer and my husband). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Originally posted by Bubbles13 View Post
    Hi there,
    I started my green card application process through my employer before I got married ( I am born in the UK and Canadian citizen). They are now in the I-140 step. I got married to my US born husband 8 months ago. I am thinking of applying for a marriage based green card because the process could be shorter than my current employment based green card. However, I am scared to stop the employment based green card process. I am wondering if it is possible to have green card applications at the same time ( through my employer and my husband). Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Yes

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbles13 View Post
      Hi there,

Thanks!
      If I would be you, I will never change the stream since you are almost in the final round for employment sponsorship even. You can file I-140 (it can be premium for more peace of mind) and I-485 concurrently since you are born in UK (the chargeability will be ROW and your PD is current at this time). This is obviously not a legal advice but to tell you my experience you have already covered the lengthy process up to LC and now its just few months (may be 4-8 months) which can be very similar to the family sponsorship if you have to start it again (I'm not sure about it).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X