Role change for EB2 PERM initiation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role change for EB2 PERM initiation

I started working as an intern in my current organization from May 2015 and got converted to a full time Software Engineer 1 in Aug 2016. I have received a promotion as Software Engineer 2 in October 2017. I was conferred Master?s Degree in Computer Science on October 2018 after being promoted as SE2.

For my PERM to be filed using my Masters degree in EB2 category, do I need a role change with my existing employer?

Originally posted by mvikrant88 View Post
    I started working as an intern in my current organization from May 2015 and got converted to a full time Software Engineer 1 in Aug 2016. I have received a promotion as Software Engineer 2 in October 2017. I was conferred Master?s Degree in Computer Science on October 2018 after being promoted as SE2.

For my PERM to be filed using my Masters degree in EB2 category, do I need a role change with my existing employer?
    Since your perm process would involve advertising for a candidate with Masters, they cannot advertise for your current role, since they gave it to you without a Masters degree. Thus they would need to advertise for a different role. So to answer your question you would not need a role change now, but the role offered/advertised in your GC petition has to be different so as to justify a MS requirement.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X