No announcement yet.

Why struggle so much and not go back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why struggle so much and not go back ?

For all those waiting in line for years and years for a green card, especially the EB2 and EB3 from India, I have a simple question. Why are you destroying your life for this infinite wait losing the best years of your lives ? Why not go back to India and work there or set up a new business and enjoy life ? There are limitless opportunities in your home country but still you want to wait here hoping for some miracle ? Why ?

I'm not Indian, but allow me to give my opinion if you don't mind.

I think what you are saying is true for some people. It really depends on a case by case basis. Some people may have a great opportunity here, are dating someone in the states or just don't want to live in India anymore. These people will take the US over any other country because there's an incentive that is real or maybe necessary (for example to send support to their families back home) while they wait for the GC.

That said, I think there's truth to what you are saying. Many people prefer to struggle here in the US because they think their reward will be greater than the pain. But missing out family and friends is a tough one. I think the problem is due to the many cases of Indians that got their GC here, go back to their country for vacation, flaunting about their richness and prosperity. But these people never talk about what do you have to sacrifice, in return. Because if they did, it would look like they made a mistake. People will always talk about what they did right, mostly to acquaintances and people they barely know.

I think we should all think critically. Take the pros and cons in the decisions we want to make. And really ask ourselves if we will be happy in that situation. Time is the only thing we will never get back, better spend it wisely
    Last edited by Spaniard88; 02-11-2019, 12:26 PM.
    EB2 - National Benefits Center (I-485/I-765/I-131)
    - Priority Date: 10/19/2018
    - Biometrics NOA: 11/09/2018
    - Biometrics Appt: 11/26/2018
    - Fingerprint Review Completed: 11/28/2018 and again on 12/05/2018
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) approved: 05/03/2019
    - Combo card (I-765/I-131) received: 05/10/2019
    - Interview Notice: 10/03/2019
    - Case Approved: 10/04/2019
    - Card in hand: 10/10/2019
    (374 days of DOL/I-140 and 356 days of AOS = 730 days of Green Card Process)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X