Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer of I485 from VSC to TSC - impact on dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of I485 from VSC to TSC - impact on dates?

Wanted to get your opinion on this question; I just got a note from CIS that my 485 application has been transferred from VSC to Texas Service Center for processing and they sent me a note regarding why this was done.

1) Is this a good thing or is it going to delay my application even more (started in April 2003).

2) Got married recently and wife is on H1 right now. Been waiting for the priority date to become current so I can add her to my 485 app. Since the priority date for India is not current and my application gets approved (I doubt it; for all I know they are just moving the load from one place to another), I'll be kinda, pissed.

Of course, I'll be calling up my attorney later on to find out how this would impact us but thought the experts who post here might shed some light on this.

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by Mallikg; 03-02-2007, 03:43 PM.

Transfer of I 485

Hi

I have the same issue and just got the email from USCIS today 02-03. What does this mean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mallikg
      Wanted to get your opinion on this question; I just got a note from CIS that my 485 application has been transferred from VSC to Texas Service Center for processing and they sent me a note regarding why this was done.

1) Is this a good thing or is it going to delay my application even more (started in April 2003).

2) Got married recently and wife is on H1 right now. Been waiting for the priority date to become current so I can add her to my 485 app. Since the priority date for India is not current and my application gets approved (I doubt it; for all I know they are just moving the load from one place to another), I'll be kinda, pissed.

Of course, I'll be calling up my attorney later on to find out how this would impact us but thought the experts who post here might shed some light on this.

Thanks in Advance!
      If your PD is not current you can't get approved. Keep an eye on the Visa Bulletin. You will come to know about 15 days before your PD will become current. Send your wife's 485 such that it reaches USCIS on Day 1 of your PD being current, So that she will get the benefit of your GC.

Comment

ajasha

I was looking for this thread, thanks I finally found one. Here is my situation:

I got my EAD/AP/140 approved and only my 485 is pending with priority date Aug 03. My question is, if I marry a girl here with H1, what I have to do to add her to my status. She has only 1 yr left on her H1.

Also, you say that "You will come to know about 15 days before your PD will become current". Do you get notified by USCIS in someway that it's time for you to take some action?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X