Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payroll Stub for I-485

Hi,

My lawyer asked me to tell my employer to match the salary on the LC for the I485 (as I am now paying much less).

I thought the petition is for a future employment. Do I really have to provide the payroll stub when I file the I-485, what if my salary is less than what I should get on the LC and I-140? is that going to be a problem to get the green card?

Any idea? thank you!

kitty kat

they do check the taxes you paid .Are you working for this company??If yes then you should be paying taxes as per your lc.I am in same boat but i showed i am working part time.

Comment

yes I am working at the same company, showing part-time for my H1 position. my lawyer told me to ask my employer to adjust the salary to LC's position. I thought the LC / I140 is for a future position, so it doesn't matter how much I get paid now until I get the green card.

Comment

You're right. GC is for future employment, not current.

You're absolutely right. GC is for future employment and not current. Your current and future salary can be different.

However, in most cases, the current salary is usually quite high and the GC requires a lower salary. Your employer is ripping you off, like most crooked ones.

USCIS may have an objection on the basis that your employer may not have the financial standing to pay you higher salary and will ask for RFE demanding your employer's tax returns.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks, oh well, I have to adjust the salary as the lawyer insisted I have to do it.

There are a lot of crooked employers, taking advantage of people like us, one day they would get back what they deserve.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X