Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing I-485...how soon should i bring wife and kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing I-485...how soon should i bring wife and kid?

I am currently on H1 and now I am applying for Adjustment of status(I-485) along with I140 for myself. My wife and kid are having H4 visa but they are still in India.
    1) Is there any time limit as to how soon should i bring my wife and kid after I apply I-485? As I am applying I-485(plus I-140) what documents relating to wife and kid should I submit along with my application for I-485 ?

immediately.

there is a chance that the dates may retrogress as soon as July 2. I have no concrete basis for it but several attorney's websites have posted this speculation.

They need to get records of vaccination X-Ray for TB etc, just enough to get the medical done

Comment

Due to some errands, they cannot come immediatley. Can I add them as derivatives in the future?

Comment

only if the dates become current and you will not be able to use EAd as when you do and fail to maintain your H1 their H4 ends

Comment

Sorry Waiting, I didn't understand. Could you pls make it more clear?

The scenario as of now is:
          Currently I am working on H1 . My wife and kid have H4 and would be joining me in a couple of months.
          I am doing concurrent filing of I485 and I140 for myself only becuase I have been told that I can add my wife and kid as derivatives later after their arrival. Could you pls let me know if this is ok?

Comment

Bad situation

You're in a very bad situation. If you do not file for your family now, then you cannot add them later. It'll be a newer process for them and a long haul for you.

Best for you is to file IMMEDIATELY and file for them too, NOW!

This will save you a huge lot of trouble later on.

Unless it's a medical emergency in your home country, get them here now and file for them NOW.

Also, do not wait on the end date, file your 485 NOW. That means, NOW!

Man, are you seriously trying to get your GC or not?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X