visa bulliten fro july to be revised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visa bulliten fro july to be revised

July Visa Bulletin will be revised on Monday, July 2nd, or Tuesday, July 3rd. This Visa Bulletin is expected to retrogress many of the categories that were announced as being "Current" for July. It is expected that at least some of the categories will become completely "unavailable."

Why do u think so...and how do you know...please we r filing in the next week.

Regards
    Rasai

Comment

Hi Look at the link...Please visit this...and let me know what u think

All Visa Bulletins – Historical visa bulletins for US green card - Employment based and family based for various preference categories and countries

Comment

hello

this is a news now published by lawyer shella on her website and also on other sites the news is 98% confrimed from dos and american lawyer associatiuon , breaking news and heart breaking fro many, they have planned to file lawsuit against uscis

any how we will wait and see on monday.

deepa

Comment

We know the news of the potential changes in the July Visa Bulletin has been spreading through the immigrant community, and generating many questions. Following is a brief explanation of what appears to be happening, and some guidance as to where this might lead.

We think that, apparently, the reason for this strange unfolding of events is that, by completing adjudication of an unprecedented number of I-485 cases, the USCIS is pushing the DOS to issue a revised Visa Bulletin early next week. The goal of USCIS appears to be to make the immigrant visa numbers "unavailable" as early as possible by exhausting the entire visa numbers for fiscal year 2007 (until Sep 30, 2007). There is a lot of speculation as to the reason for this, including that the USCIS does not want too many I-485 cases to be filed while they are trying to clear their backlogs and that they want people to pay the substantially higher USCIS filing fees that will take effect from July 27, 2007 onwards. What ever the reason, we believe their actions are not acceptable and are in violation of the law.

If the DOS issues a revised Visa Bulletin, and the USCIS uses that revised Bulletin as the excuse to reject all employment-based (EB) cases, then it violates their own precedent for over half a century and it is a violation of the USCIS's own regulation to accept cases during the month that the DOS Visa Bulletin shows visa number availability. Nothing like this has ever happened before June 2007. It is an alarming development, which must be addressed.

If nothing changes next week and the DOS and USCIS decide to continue business as usual, then one all can continue to file during the month of July 2007. This has been the traditional position historically with the USCIS in accepting I-485s during the month when the Visa Bulletin shows availability for the month. This means that, historically in this situation, a person was allowed to file an I-485 for all eligible family members and obtain the EAD and AP based on the I-485 filing, as long as the case reached the USCIS on or before July 31, 2007.

If the DOS issues the revised Visa Bulletin and the USCIS uses that as the reason to reject I-485s, then the only remedy will be a lawsuit against the USCIS. The American Immigration Law Foundation (AILF) has already been authorized to file a lawsuit and is looking for class action plaintiffs. In order to sue, a person needs to show that s/he was harmed by the actions of the government. This likely will require the person to file the I-485 so that it reaches the USCIS during July 2007, then the person must show that the USCIS rejected that package improperly. The person may also need to show the harm suffered, financial and otherwise; for example by the person and family members not being able to work with the EAD.

all be prepared

deepa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X