Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GreenCard now or after an Year

Greetings,
    I have a dilema. When I asked my company to File for Green card, they said ok and contacted the Attorney. The Attorney eventually advised them that I have my H1-B Visa Valid till Sep-2010 and hence they don't need to rush and apply for Perm by April-2009 only. My Manager now says that we will file the Perm next year.
    I don't know all the reasons for their decision but
    I am a bit surprised by the attorney reply as they normally tell to apply early.
    I am not sure my Manager understands the Personal life issues associated with this. I also want to get an EAD for my Husband who is here on H4.

Now the dilema for me is that I want to know the reasons why the Perm process should be started this year and not wait for next year. What are the risks. Should I push the company to file the Perm this month only. What is my best course of Action.

Will this affect my priority dates etc? I am a bit new to this process so need some help.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Vrunda

Your mistake was ...

... not to push your company to file for the permanent residency immediately.

Sorry I had to use such harsh words but each day you delay you lose out.

Good luck.

Comment

the way things are moving with USCIS it is better to initiate the process as soon as possible.

although you should not count on getting an EAD any time soon.

EAD can be obtained only with i-485 filing. or that the PD needs to be current and with current retrogression levels you are looking at 4-5 years before you can file.

Comment

try H1 for your spouse.

Ask your current company to file immediately, if they don't, try with company B

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X