Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India while GC process

Hello Everyone,

Have been reading quite a few posts on this forum and have a query of my own.

My husband on H1 is applying for his GC this year. I am on H4. Our visa status expires in Aug 2009.

Our rough estimate is that if we get our I-140 sometime next year we will apply for H1 extension.

My query :- Is it possible for either of us to travel to India while the H1 extension is being filed or the process is going on?

Has anybody experienced that or visiting India while any of the GC processes?
    Any comments/suggestions/sharing is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -Shally

One can travel while the GC process is progress. In your case, if you get the I-140 approved, it may well be the case that you will not be able to file I-485 due to the priority dates not current. You can of course travel using your H1/H4 visas and approval notice.

Travel while H1 extension is pending at USCIS is a little tricky. Look here:

Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Thanks

Thanks DMX17 for replying quick.

I did look at the thread but was a lot of jargon that I couldn't understand. I am not sure of half of the things since I have just begun to read all this.

Thanks anyways..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X