Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC process - Externally

Hi,

My wife is on H1-B and the university will not sponsor her GC as she does not have a US degree, but will provide documents if she decides to the process done herself.
    Question:
    1. How easy or difficult is it for her to get her GC? 1 thing that bother me is: No US degree?
    2. If anyone has been in the same situtation, can they recommend a good Immigration Firm?

Thanks and appreciate your response,

Need a sponsor

TO file for a permanent residency on employment basis, you do need a sponsoring company. The company may choose to hire you now or after the GC is approved. You don't have to work for that company now. However, you do need a sponsoring company. In other words, for an employment based GC, you cannot "do-it-yourself".

You don't have to have an US degree, as long as you have equivalent foreign degrees that are recognized by the United States.

Good luck.

Originally posted by asterix_thegaul
    Hi,

My wife is on H1-B and the university will not sponsor her GC as she does not have a US degree, but will provide documents if she decides to the process done herself.
    Question:
    1. How easy or difficult is it for her to get her GC? 1 thing that bother me is: No US degree?
    2. If anyone has been in the same situtation, can they recommend a good Immigration Firm?

Thanks and appreciate your response,

Comment

OP, what is your wife's educational qualification? Since you mentioned she worked at a University, I am just curios if she has a PhD.
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies, she has a Masters degree but not from the US. She has talked amongst her colleagues and they have mentioned that the University will "NOT" Sponsor but will provide documents if she decides to go externally. So I want to know if its worth it and if there are any Immigration Law firms that anyone can recommend...

Thanks again,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X