green card process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green card process?

I am currently living back in my home country of Ireland waiting for a green card. I was on a RJ 1 visa that has expired. My employee is sponsoring me under EB -3. I have my labor certificate & waiting on my I-140. My priority date is March 2005 and I filed for my I-140 in Oct 2007.

Could someone please walk me through the process after the I-140 is processed? Is there a reason why my lawyer would not filed concurrently? Is there any time frame that on how much longer I can expect to wait? My lawyer has not been helpful and is very slow in getting back to me so any information on this would be appreciated.

Generally, after the I-140 is approved, the next step is to file I-485 (adjustment of status) if the candidate is in the US. Since the applicant is not in the U.S. and does not work in the U.S., I guess that the case is Consular Processing (CP). Once it is right time for you when the PD is current, CP cases get interview call from the U.S. consulate in the country of applicant's residence (probably requested in the appropriate CP application).

If the applicant was working in the U.S., I think the lawyer could file an I-485 to adjust status when the PD is current based on the Visa Bulletin for the country of birth of applicant.

Ask the lawyer if the case is indeed CP. In this case, the immigrant visa (Greencard stamp) will be issues abroad by a U.S. consulate.

This is what I think. I could be wrong.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X