Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC question

Hi,

I am on H1 and recently got approval to begin my GC through an external lawyer. I work as a researcher at a university. May I please know the pros and cons of this approach? please does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on immigration law firm

appreciate your help,
    Jack

Originally posted by J_R
    Hi,

I am on H1 and recently got approval to begin my GC through an external lawyer. I work as a researcher at a university. May I please know the pros and cons of this approach? please does anyone have suggestions/recommendations on immigration law firm

appreciate your help,
    Jack
    Since you are a researcher, do you have a PhD? If yes, you may qualify for an EB-1 (b) or NIW EB-2. The best thing to do is to consult a good attorney who has experience in such cases. Forum members have little expertise on such cases as most people don't qualify for such GC. I think I know a good law firm. I will be happy to give you the name if you like in PM.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

GC Info

Hi DMX17,

Thanks for the information. I would like to contact an immigration lawyer. Can you please email the contact information at [email protected]

Thanks for your help,
      Jack

Comment

If you have a Phd, you can self-petition in EB2 NIW or as a EB1A. You can google or look in the forum for information on self-petitioning. I got mine approved using a kit provided on greencardforphd.com.

good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X