Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Green Card Category

Hi All,

A quick question. I did my Masters from US in 2006.
    currently working for a public organization. I am planning to filling my Green Card under them. But when i look at the job requirements i am working for looks like:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BS or BA degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or 4+ years of related experience.
    1+ years of IBM FileNet P8 experience, including Content Management, BPM development and system administration.
    Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, J2EE programming (Java, JSP), XML & HTML programming
    2-3 years Crystal Reports development experience.
    5 + years SQL development experience with Oracle 8/9 environment.
    Proficient in PL/SQL, current CHA Enterprise Document Management System (EDMS), Enterprise Resource Program (ERP) [Lawson], and Asset Management [Yardi] applications.
    Excellent Analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
    Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
    Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
    Understand project management and control.
    Familiar with state-of-the-art technology

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So , will i be considered under EB2 or EB3 Category while filling my Green Card.
    My work expenerince just around 3 years.

Any comments will be helpful

Thanks a lot

PERM and I-140 are two different things. PERM certifies the job requirements (along with other things such as salary) and has nothing to do with your qualification. At I-140 stage, your resume is compared with the PERM job requirements and your case assigned an EB category if you meet the PERM job requirements.

Based on the job descriptions, it appears that the job requires at least a BS/BA plus 5 yrs experience (SQL experience and other specific experience). If the PERM is approved as advertised and you meet the job requirements, your employer can file an I-140 and request EB-2 because the job description qualifies for an EB-2 I-140. Based on the info provided, it appears that you may not qualify based on Masters Degree because the job does not require a Master degree. For you to qualify for this PERM, you would need at least what has been asked for i.e BA/BS + 5 yr SQL + All other things listed. Ask yourself, do you meet the requirements? If yes, then it's an EB-2 I-140.

If you do not meet the job requirements as listed, your I-140 will not be approved.
    Check out H1 FAQs first!
    http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X