Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Green Card once more attempt

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Green Card once more attempt

    I am an alien and wants to get US green card. My first marriage for green card was divorced before I got the first interview and the case was withdrawn and I was reported as marriage fraud. My work permit card also was returned with statement "This person did not live at that address."
    I am still in the US as over stay for a few months after my divorce.

    If I remarry to another US citizen, does ICE give me a hard time since I got reported as marriage fraud?

    (Note: When I sent in the withdrawal of the green card petition, I sent in the divorce petition also as the reason why I needed to stop the paper. On the divorce petition form, there was a question "how long the couple has lived together? The answer was zero months and zero days.)

  • #2
    You need to leave the USA, before you continue accruing illegal presence.

    Apparently you married for a Green Card. You said it yourself and you have been flagged as "marriage fraud", so yes... USCIS and ICE will give you a very hard time. And they should!
    Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.