No announcement yet.

Changing Jobs while I-140 is pending ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Jobs while I-140 is pending ?

can I switch jobs when I-140 is pending, labor certification is approved and I-485 is yet to be filed ??
    your suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks

You could change jobs but have to get started with the GC process again. The limited info you provide for such a complicated issue is outstanding. You may have to figure out how to extend H1b if you are completing the 6 year term. Talk to your lawyer.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

well thanks for info..
      what other information will be helpful to you that I can provide ??

Comment

Your entire immigration history and status info as you are talking about I140. What your idea about the change is? If you wish to continue the GC processing? How many years left of your current status?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

well, I am on H1-B and just filed my second extension. I planning for a change in a similar job profile. I do want to continue my GC processing hence I am concern that if I change my job my processing should not start from square one. Hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X