Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.Sc. (3 years) + MCA (3 years)....EB2 or EB3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B.Sc. (3 years) + MCA (3 years)....EB2 or EB3 ?

Hi,

I did B.Sc. in computer Science (3 years) and MCA (3 years). Can I be eligible for EB2 or should I go for EB3 ? The lawyer wants to go for EB3. Can somebody please let me know the disadvantage (if any) if I go for EB2 ?

Regards,
    G
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

What you have does not matter initially. What does the job require? Are other people working on the same job have same level of education?

For example, in Job A, there could be one PhD employee, 10 BS grads working. DOL could ask for proof in an audit to prove why they need a EB2 person for the same job that 10 BS grads are doing.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

job description

Hi,

So from where do I get the job description ? from employer or lawyer ?

Regards,
      G

Comment

Your employer has an attorney to do this work. You need to be less involved in the decisions at this point. You cannot make the determination - or demand - that your appplication be filed as EB2 just to have an earlier priority date.

You do NOT appear to be qualified for an EB2 based on your education.

You need to realize if your employer has layoffs, he will have great difficulty filing for your GC if he can file at all. You need to focus on doing your job and not worrying about GC at the moment.

If you do not know where to find your job description, you have more problems than can be solved by members of this forum.

Comment

equivalent to MS

Hi C4us,

But my credential evaluation says it is equal to US MS.

Regards,
          G

Originally posted by C4us
          Your employer has an attorney to do this work. You need to be less involved in the decisions at this point. You cannot make the determination - or demand - that your appplication be filed as EB2 just to have an earlier priority date.

You do NOT appear to be qualified for an EB2 based on your education.

You need to realize if your employer has layoffs, he will have great difficulty filing for your GC if he can file at all. You need to focus on doing your job and not worrying about GC at the moment.

If you do not know where to find your job description, you have more problems than can be solved by members of this forum.

Comment

Google for I140 denial + 3 year degree and read through the posts found on the internet.

Educational evaluation is a joke and USCIS has taken a strict approach on I140 approvals for such individuals.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

joke ?

Why people get evaluation done if it is a joke ?

Regards,
              G

Comment

Originally posted by gaptl
                Why people get evaluation done if it is a joke ?

Regards,
                G
                Several evaluators will say anything is equivalent to a US degree. Evaluators are not like civil surgeons that are held to strict standards. All evaluators evaluate based on their personal knowledge and not some "universal" guidelines one has to follow.

BTW, the evaluation done for a H1b is far more liberal than what USCIS looks at during I140. Did you google and read?
                Last edited by txh1b; 10-11-2008, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Thank you all

Thank you all

Regards,
                  G

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X