Need Help! H1B 6 yrs expiring in Sep2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help! H1B 6 yrs expiring in Sep2010

I am currently employed with one of the Big 4 firm. My situation is the company recently went through some downsizing. Given that, it seems my company wont' be able to file for my green card for atleast 6 months. Given that market situation, they are not gauranteeing any layoffs in future. I know I my LC application has to happen 365 days before my visas expire. The advice I need is if I change my job and apply from GC what are the chances of my LC getting approved given the market situation (~750K job cuts since starting of this year)

Please advice..

Thanks!
    Last edited by ninadp; 10-13-2008, 04:48 PM.

I suspect your chances for finding a "good" firm to file for you are poor.

Do you not agree that US citizens and LPRs have first opportunity for jobs in their country when you can return to your home country for work?

Comment

Originally posted by C4us
      I suspect your chances for finding a "good" firm to file for you are poor.

Do you not agree that US citizens and LPRs have first opportunity for jobs in their country when you can return to your home country for work?
      I agree that US citizens and GC have first opportunity... All I am trying to do is save my investment in this country... Things would be different otherwise.
      Last edited by ninadp; 10-13-2008, 04:53 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X