Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I be eligible for EB2 or EB3 for Green card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I be eligible for EB2 or EB3 for Green card?

I am planning to apply for Green card thru employer. I have following education and experiences.

1. M.C.A. (Master of computer application) 3 years course in Computer science from Gujarat University, India in Jan-2003

2. B.Sc (Bachelor of Science) 3 years course in Chemistry subject from Gujarat University, India in April-1999

(I have education evaluation of both the above degree in corresponding MS degree and BS degree in USA)

3. I have 4.11 years (59 Months) real IT experience after my master degree.

In short, 12 grade school + B.Sc (3 Years) + M.C.A. ( 3 Years) + 4.11 Years IT experience.

I have the following concerns

1. In which category I am fit for Green card process EB2 or EB3?

2. How long does it take for EB2 processing, and also for EB3? Which one is faster?

3. How much experience required for both EB2 and EB3, if I have master degree?
    4. As per my knowledge EB2 is faster than EB3, will I be eligible for EB2 according to the above education and experience?

5. My employer’s lawyer wants to go for EB3, but I want to go in EB2 category, what can I do to get EB2 category in Green card process?
    I really appreciate if you can give me the above 5 question’s answer with immigration rules internet site’s link.

Thanks!

The filing category is based on the JOB requirements not on your qualifications. You have no say in the selection. Listen to the lawyer.

Read the discussions about the MCA NOT being considered equivalent to a MS degree for GC filings. You would need an MS from a US university to improve your chances.

If you are interested in the website links, do your own research. If you think you are qualified to file in EB2, this should be a trivial exercise for you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X