Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC pending, employer sending to India..need urgent help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC pending, employer sending to India..need urgent help !!

My case :
    My employer filed my green card in 2006. Labor was certified in early 2007 and I - 140 and I - 485 were filed simultaneously on 21 June 2007. Application is with Nebraska center. USCIS has sent a request for more evidance for I-140. They need transcripts/marklists for all 4 years of engineering. My laywer is sending them the requested docs.

I am still on H1 with my employer. H1 expires ( 6 yrs ) in July 09. I alredy have AP valid till Oct 09 and EAD valid till June 2010.

My problem :
    My employer is sending me back to India since the project that i was working on is complete. Employer wants me to continue from India office.

Questions I have :
    1. Is it OK to go back to India in this scenario ?
    2. What does it mean to my GC processing ( 140 and 485 ) if I go back ?
    3. What options do I have to come back to US after my H1 expires in July 09 ?
    4. If I somehow stay here till July 09 and get H1 extended by 1 year or 3 years ( assuming my 140 will be approved by then ) , can I safely go back in July and come back on H1 if required ?
    5. Can you please guide me on what will be the BEST option for me ??

I need this information very urgently .. please help !
    Thanks

1. Tricky. Does the employer still want to employ you on a permanent basis upon approval of the GC?
    2. Must change AOS to CP (Consular Processing).
    3. You can claim remainder H1b period, find a sponsor, transfer H1b and come again. Read the FAQs. Remainder option.
    4. You need not try any specific stunt to stay. If you have an approved I-140, you can get a 3 year extension for H1b even from abroad.
    5. You need to talk to a professional.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Employer is saying that I'll be working from India office .. but given bad market condition, I am not sure what will happen once I go back, is my fear.

Thanks for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X