Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing GC in EB2/EB3 category

Hi,

I have below questions on filing GC in EB2/EB3.

Any help is much appreciated.

My Education background
    1. Masters in I.T - 2 Years
    2. Bachelors in Mechanical – 3 Years
    3. Diploma in Mechanical Engineering - 3 Years

Work Experience
    1. Data Base Administrator from May 1999 to till date

My Questions.

Filing under EB2 Category:

1. If I want to file in EB2 category my attorney is saying I should have 6 years of education from my Master + Degree (which I don’t have, 2+3); as GC filing doesnot go below/consider Under Grad education (Diploma in my case)
    2. If I want to use my Master’s and work experience to file under EB2; My attorney is saying even then my degree will be under scrutiny for 4 Yrs degree which I don’t have.

Filing under EB3 Category.
    1. If I file my GC under EB3 and once PERM process is completed/approved can I elevate/push my filing to EB2 while filing I-140? If so what are the prerequisites for that like 9+Yrs of experience even with 3 Yrs Degree?
    2. What are the know issues to file I-140 under EB2 using EB3 approved PERM.

Thanks in Advance

Vallab

take your time

I knw eb3 is slow and no one wana file in eb3 but now a days they r not approving 3 + 2 education cases in Eb2. If you have 5 year valid experiance prior to current employer then go in Eb2 with experiance. Please consult your attorney abt this option.
    Bottom line is filling in Eb2 using india 2 year master with 3 year bachelor is big gamble now a days.

Comment

Filing GC in EB2/EB3 category

Thank you for your time/reply.

I consulted my attorney and he is suggesting even if I file under EB2 with 5yrs experience (I have all genuine experience) USCIS will question/challenge on bachelor (where USCIS need 4 yrs bachelor ) so my company has to counter challenge that again and it might further delay or denied.

Comment

Attorney is right. There have been too many denials for 3 year degrees off late during the I140 stage. In the past, many have gotten GCs.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Filing GC in EB2/EB3 category

Thank You txh1b for your time/response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X