Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC with L1A or H1B

Hi,

I am currently on L1A. I switched L1B>L1A 2 months back as my L1B was expiring and L1A has extended my stay by another 2.5 years. My company is willing to file a GC for me and I am aware that unlike H1B with L1 visa you cant get an extension based on the fact that GC application has been filed for you. My company is also willing to file a H1B for me for coming term. Given I am successful in the lottery I have following questions for GC filing

1. Am i eligible for EB1C category through L1A. I came to US on L1B and has changed to L1A. I am a Manager too for nearly 2 years now but these two years have been in US.

2. In case my company file GC with L1A in EB-2 can I directly start with I-140 Stage. If yes then what will be my priority date. Also how much advantage this gives me in terms of time (how much is the time taken in clearing the first stage in GC usually)

3. I am sure with EB1C it will take a shorter time to get a GC but if its not the case for me then isnt it better to get the H-1B and then file for a GC. I can take extensions based on my applications status and retain my status hypothetically to many years before I get my GC.

I need to let my company know whether I want them to file for H-1B in coming term. Any help on this front will be appreciated.

Regards

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X