Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A applying for GC

Hi,

Currently I'm working in USA in L1A visa for about 1 and half years. My company is ready to apply GC for me in EB1 category. What would be the best time to apply? Also, I'm not married and will be get married in one year. Do I need to wait till I get married, so that my wife will also get GC at the same time or I can go ahead and apply for me GC?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

-Sadik

L1A GC processing is quick and you may end up getting the GC soon before your marriage. That would mean, you cannot bring your wife into US on any dependent status and wait time for follow-to-join for GC spouse is 5-6 years.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1A applying for GC

Thanks!

So, should I not even start processing my GC till I get married?

Also, my L1A expires in April 2010. When should I apply for extension?

Comment

No extensions possible for L1A. You get married sooner and then apply.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

L1A applying for GC

Thank you!

Comment

I dont think thats correct. L1A can be extended upto 7 years as compared to L1B (5 years).

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X