Employment-based Green Card: Self on H1B; Spouse on H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment-based Green Card: Self on H1B; Spouse on H4

I am presently on a H1B work authorization and my wife is on a dependent H4.

My present employer has begun the paperwork for filing my Green Card processing BUT they have not begun any such procedure for my wife.

WHAT ARE THE CONSEQUENCES OF MY WIFE REMAINING ON H4 WHILE MY GREEN CARD PAPERWORK GOES THROUGH AND SUCCESSFULLY BEGINS PROCESSING?

I would be most grateful for a timely and accurate response.

Ganapathy Subrahmaniam

Don't panic.

I reccommend that you read the basic of the employment based greencard processing at /employment-based-greencard/

Your wife's processing would be involved only in the last stage - either I-485 or Consular Processing. First two step, PERM and I-140 are just for you.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Spouse has to return to home country after I-140 is processed

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      Don't panic.

I reccommend that you read the basic of the employment based greencard processing at /employment-based-greencard/

Your wife's processing would be involved only in the last stage - either I-485 or Consular Processing. First two step, PERM and I-140 are just for you.
      So at any stage would it be necessary for spouse (on H4) to go back to home country till the processing is done?

If yes, how long could that period be? Can she get B1/B2 and visit her husband during that time?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X