Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current Greencard processing time for L1A

Hi All,

I am currently in US (since Jan 2016) on L1A visa. My Visa expires in Nov 2023. Earlier L1A to Green card used to be within a year or so but I have been hearing that now it takes few years.
    My company has not applied my GC yet and they have a policy where they won't apply until L1A visa is close to expiry. This might have been working in past but I am afraid that now I may never get the GC process completed.
    Appreciate if anyone could help with below:
    1. Is there a way to know how long L1A GC processing if assuming it was applied for now.
    2. If my GC process is not completed before L1A expires in Nov 2023, what are my options?

Thanks,
    Pratik
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-19-2019, 06:56 AM.

You need to provide more information
    Are you from India?
    Do you qualify for EB1?

Here would be my estimation based off the visa bulletin if you applied today.
    If you are from India and qualify for EB1: 5 years
    If you are from India and qualify for EB2: 10 years
    If you are from India and qualify for EB3: 15 years

If you are NOT from India and qualify for EB1: 3-4 years
    If you are NOT from India and qualify for EB2 or EB3: 1.5 - 2 years

If you are from India based on when your L1A will expire your priority date (which you don't have yet) will not be current so you will not have an option to adjust to an immigrant visa. Your only option would be to marry a USC.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      1. Is there a way to know how long L1A GC processing if assuming it was applied for now.
      Can't say for sure, but you can consider ~3 years if you apply right now under EB1C.
      Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      2. If my GC process is not completed before L1A expires in Nov 2023, what are my options?
      L1A can be extended upto max 7 years, After that following are your options:
      1. File for I485 (if your PD become current) & stay with pending Adjustment of status.
      2. Switch to H1B visa with same employer
      3. Go back to home country & receive your Green Card through consular processing & then return to USA.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X