Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I-485 be approved while final action date is not current?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I-485 be approved while final action date is not current?

Hi all, I'm an EB3 RoW who had an interview last week. Afterward, my interviewer said that my case would be under review and I should hear back in a week or two.

My understanding is that retrogression has already hit EB3/2 RoW earlier that week and will continue to retrogress in Aug and Sep. While I'm okay with waiting until Oct for the actual card, I'm hoping that they would send me an update whether the I-485 is approved or not (or whether they need additional evidence) before Oct.

Does anyone know whether they will update you with an approval notice (or at least update in the portal) along the line of 'case is approved but card is not yet produced'? Thank you so much.

I have read a couple of posts from people that was in the same situation (retrogression) and the interviewer said that they need to wait until the date is current again.
    Please update the post if you get any update or when you get the GC. Good luck.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

I am in the exact same boat as ou with EB2 and I asked my lawyer today that told me straight that there is 0% chance of hearing anything new before October.
      Good luck!

Comment

Thanks, Valerie. Keep us updated when you hear back!

Comment

What’s your case online status? Still showing up as “Interview was scheduled”? I had interview last week and Officer said it went well and they just needed to verify the Company but that was routine, nothing else was needed, that as soon as date was current again my GCs will be automatically ordered. Case status has not changed. I guess I have to wait until October when hopefully retrogression is over.

Comment

Sebulowo Mine is 'Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed' - has been this way for ~2 months now. Hope things will change in October now that new GCs become available.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X