Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Employers? What do you think

Hello Everyone
    My PD is Jan 2018, EB1C, rest of the world.
    • On September 18th we had our interview in san diego, the officer said she was approving the green card but because of retrogression we had to wait until october to assign the visa. She said she would transfer our case to texas. On october 2nd our status changed to CASE TRANSFERRED TO ANOTHER OFFICE. Our AOS transferred to san ysidro, while my i485J transferred to texas.

I have recently received a great offer from another company, and i would really love to take it.
    Here are my questions:
    1. how long can it possibly take to get the green card now?
    2. should i wait until green card is in hand to move to this new employer, or should i submit another 485j under the new employer? at this point i assume i am weeks from getting green card so just wait it out?
    however, i dont want to lose this other opportunity. it is literally, the job of my dreams.

i've read you need to be at sponsor employer at least 6 months after receiving green card else uscis can determine you committed fraud. but also i've read this is a total myth and you can change employers the very next day. which one is it? Anyone has ever heard of a real case where people changed employers right away and had any issues?

I am thinking i will tell the new company:
    please wait for me 30 days max until i get the green card. if by day 30 i dont have it, i will join you with just my ead and we inform uscis of the employer change submitting another 485j.
    What do you think of this plan?

Thank you so much.

You should get your GC approval this month (I am similarly retrogressed and got mine last week). At the latest it would be around mid Nov but technically they have until 120 days after your interview date. You can ask your new employer to wait until late nov for u to start.

i've read you need to be at sponsor employer at least 6 months after receiving green card else uscis can determine you committed fraud. but also i've read this is a total myth and you can change employers the very next day. which one is it? Anyone has ever heard of a real case where people changed employers right away and had any issues?
    I would love to know this as well

Comment

From what I read the 6 months is from the I-485 filing date. Most (all?) GC will arrive after those 6 months, so when you get your GC, for sure, you can change employers.
      Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
      Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
      Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
      ---
      All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X