No announcement yet.

Employment Based AOS I-485 Interview done, but status shows as help for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Based AOS I-485 Interview done, but status shows as help for review

Dear friends,

I have attended Employment Based AOS I-485 Interview on 4th October 2019, the interview went well, no issues. My PD is not current, it has retrogressed.
    I was given a letter with the first box ticked viz.,

Your case is being held for review. At this time USCIS does not require any further information or documents from you..........

Though it's nearing a month now, I don't see any further status update.

Questions:

Is there anyone with similar experience here?

Can you please shed some light on this as to why do they hold our case when everything is in order as I have neither received approval nor any RFE.

Is this due to PD not being current this is just put in some pile of documents for later review?

TIA

It is put in a pile of documents for later review. They can't approve your case if your PD is not current (one report in the forum that the GC arrived a few days before the month the PD will be current, Visa Bulletin is released 2 weeks before the beginning of the month, all other reports say 2 weeks or more after the PD became current)
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

My PD became current in October 2020 Visa Bulletin, my I-485 AOJ interview was completed in Oct 2019, the online status still shows same old status "Your interview is complete, your case must be reviewed'. My status of I-485 J too shows same old status " We received your application on xx Jan 2019 and mailed a receipt...."

Does anyone with similar status?

Any idea how long it takes for USCIS to approve I-485 from the date of Priority Date becoming current?

TIA.

Comment

Finally I got my GC last week, all is well.

Comment

I m in same boat. Interview completed but date was not current and online status changed to held for review. Now date is current. Congrats u got ur GC. Did online status change at all. Which service center was it? Did u get any approval mail?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X