Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB1C India green card discussion 2019/2020

All,

Let's use this thread for eb1c India discussion only.
    my receipt date is 22nd August 2019 from Texas and no updates yet.

Anyone in Similar boat?

bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Keep track of the monthly Visa Bulletin. The January 2020 one is out. https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...uary-2020.html

Per this, the EB1 India priority date is January 2015. Per your priority date of Aug 2019, it will at least take 4 more years for you to get a Green Card.

Comment

Originally posted by Visa.Seeker View Post
          Per this, the EB1 India priority date is January 2015. Per your priority date of Aug 2019, it will at least take 4 more years for you to get a Green Card.
          I guess, its 5 years now.
          - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi,

I am in the process of gathering all of documents for my application. Can anyone please help me finding out resources to have a template for EB1C Resume? How you guys did yours? any specifics I need to follow.

Appriciate your help!

Comment

My EB1C for L1A applied on 23rd Aug 2019 in Nebraska center. I140 approved by Jan 17 2020.. less than 5 months.. now awaiting I485 date.. current priority date for filing I485 is 15th Mar 2017.. This date has not changed for past 4-5 months... But i am hearing there will be a big change in april 2020. Lets wait.. While filing I485, you can file GC EAD and Advance parole. GC EAD should get in 4-5 months time after filing.. but final action date for printing GC is 1st Jan 2015.. which means, you have to wait more to get the GC.. Once u get GC EAD, you can move to EAD status and continue staying in US

Comment

Originally posted by Jkfelna View Post
                My EB1C for L1A applied on 23rd Aug 2019 in Nebraska center. I140 approved by Jan 17 2020.. less than 5 months.. now awaiting I485 date.. current priority date for filing I485 is 15th Mar 2017.. This date has not changed for past 4-5 months... But i am hearing there will be a big change in april 2020. Lets wait.. While filing I485, you can file GC EAD and Advance parole. GC EAD should get in 4-5 months time after filing.. but final action date for printing GC is 1st Jan 2015.. which means, you have to wait more to get the GC.. Once u get GC EAD, you can move to EAD status and continue staying in US
                Here is the extract from April 2020 visa bulletin available at : https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...pril-2020.html

Unless otherwise indicated on the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website at www.uscis.gov/visabulletininfo, individuals seeking to file applications for adjustment of status with USCIS in the Department of Homeland Security must use the “Final Action Dates” charts below for determining when they can file such applications. When USCIS determines that there are more immigrant visas available for the fiscal year than there are known applicants for such visas, USCIS will state on its website that applicants may instead use the “Dates for Filing Visa Applications” charts in this Bulletin.

I don't think you can file for your I485 before the final action date matches your priority date.

As per the latest bulletin, the Final action date is "01MAY15" for Indians under EB1C.
                - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

EB1C I-140 Approved. Considering L1A to H1B transfer...

PD: 29 March 2018
                  I-140 Approved: Oct 2018
                  Current Visa: L1A (Jan 2015 - Jan 2022; 7 years limit reaching in less than 2 years)

EB1 India is still at Aug 2015 and hence, my attorney/employer is sponsoring H1B for me (got selected in lottery and about to apply). I have the following questions:

Q1. Can I continue my green card processing on EB1C after converting to H1B? Any risks?
                  Q2. Can job description be consistent with H1B and EB1C at the same time? i.e., can i show multi-national manager in by H1B application?
                  Q3. Can I stay in L1A by applying H1B through consular processing and not activating it so i can remain in L1 (reason being my spouse can work on L2 EAD without breaks)? How long can i delay it?
                  Q4. I have already been in the US for over 5 years. If I don't want to activate H1B this year, can I do so next year (i.e. after more than 6 years on L1A with I-140 approved)?

Comment

Hello,

My GC was applied last year, and my L1A is due for renewal this year.

1) If my L1A renewal is rejected, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company?
                    2) Even if my L1A is renewed, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company

Thanks
                    Niraj

Comment

After I-485 gets filled and after getting EAD cards, can you switch employers?

Comment

Originally posted by karvi View Post
                        Q1. Can I continue my green card processing on EB1C after converting to H1B? Any risks?
                        Yes, it will continue. Only risk right now is with consular processing chances are little less for approval.
                        Q2. Can job description be consistent with H1B and EB1C at the same time? i.e., can i show multi-national manager in by H1B application?
                        It should be consistent to continue both together.
                        Q3. Can I stay in L1A by applying H1B through consular processing and not activating it so i can remain in L1 (reason being my spouse can work on L2 EAD without breaks)? How long can i delay it?
                        Certainly. You can apply H1b, get petition approval & abandon it. You won't switch to H1b until either you file COS or move out of USA, get H1b stamped & then re-enter into USA on H1b.
                        Q4. I have already been in the US for over 5 years. If I don't want to activate H1B this year, can I do so next year (i.e. after more than 6 years on L1A with I-140 approved)?[/B]
                        Certainly.
                        Originally posted by eaglevilla View Post
                        1) If my L1A renewal is rejected, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company?
                        Certainly. GC is for future employment.
                        Originally posted by eaglevilla View Post
                        2) Even if my L1A is renewed, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company
                        Certainly, GC is for future employment.

Comment

Originally posted by visa_2014 View Post
                          After I-485 gets filled and after getting EAD cards, can you switch employers?
                          You can, but if I am at your place, I won't take that risk, because USCIS can cancel your GC at the last minute as well.

Comment

EB1C I-140 Approved. Considering L1A to H1B transfer...

PD: 29 March 2018
                            I-140 Approved: Oct 2018
                            Current Visa: L1A (Jan 2015 - Jan 2022; 7 years limit reaching in less than 2 years)

EB1 India is still at Aug 2015 and hence, my attorney/employer is sponsoring H1B for me (got selected in lottery and about to apply). I have the following questions:

Q1. Can I continue my green card processing on EB1C after converting to H1B? Any risks? no risks. There is no problem in this transition
                            Q2. Can job description be consistent with H1B and EB1C at the same time? i.e., can i show multi-national manager in by H1B application? Yes, why not. Job duties should be same. keep it clear and simple. Dont **** it and keep it simple, you will be all fine.
                            Q3. Can I stay in L1A by applying H1B through consular processing and not activating it so i can remain in L1 (reason being my spouse can work on L2 EAD without breaks)? How long can i delay it? When was your H1b cap petition filed and when is it getting expired? These dates would be crucial to answer this question.
                            Q4. I have already been in the US for over 5 years. If I don't want to activate H1B this year, can I do so next year (i.e. after more than 6 years on L1A with I-140 approved)? Q3 your response to Q3 would help here as well but ideally try to do it before completing 6th year if possible.

Comment

Hello,

My GC was applied last year, and my L1A is due for renewal this year.

1) If my L1A renewal is rejected, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company? YES
                              2) Even if my L1A is renewed, will my GC application still be valid if I continue to work from outside of USA for the same company YES

Thanks
                              Niraj

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X