X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 eligibility and general rule

Hi,

I hope you can give me some answers:

I have a german diploma and been working at my company for overall 8 years.
    The first 2 years I worked for the german subsidary, then 3 years for the american subsidary, 1 year in the South African subsidary and then I came back to the US company. Each of these changes basically required me to sign a new employment agreement as each of the subsidaries were independent companies, but had the same name.

When I came back to the US the second time, in 2009 my employer filed for a greencard for me. Unfortunattly in the EB3 category, claiming that my experience only counts as the time BEFORE I was employed by them. The question in my case is if that BEFORE, the first starting date with my company, or the second time I cam back to the US and could I possibly argue that I should be filled within the EB2 category.

To make matters more complicated my company was now sold to another company, which according to them requires the "transfer of the greencard process to the new company" to be approved. I just got my PERM Application approved under the "old" company would re-starting the process in the EB2 category make me loose my old priority date?

Is there any way I can have them re-file in the EB2 category?

Thanks a lot,
    Doreen

Note EB2 or EB3 is the requirment set down by your employer. Note I have a couple of Phd's who work with me who have filed under EB3 category and had to wait.

The EB category depends on the Job / Future job requirment of the position. Note the categories and requirments change due to mergers and aquisitions as companies could end up with new tiers/hierarchies etc.

Basically the Attorney needs to work with HR on how they work the best out for you with you not having to retrogress. Some companies are nice and want to help their employees and will try and help... some don't care and throw the book at you.

So its a case by case basic... discuss this with you Attoney who currently is handling your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X