EB3 ROW new visa availability question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB3 ROW new visa availability question

Hey everyone - I have read in other posts that new green cards for EB3 ROW will likely not be available until October as that is when new batches of visas become available. My question is some people are saying maybe not even in October will they be available. Why would that be? If they are released in October - should that not mean they are available in October?

I had an interview in Feb 2020 - they needed a couple weeks to confirm some details - send me a letter that everything is good but now its March and no more green cards available...My spouse got the 10yr GC approved at that interview but I guess I wasn't so lucky. I am into my 3rd year of waiting now.

Hi, I would love to know an answer to the same question as well. We had our interview in very early March 2020, EB3, ROW, we were actually told after the interview that we were approved and that we should get our green cards within 11 days. I guess the officer didn’t realise our category went from current in February to January 2017 in March does it mean there is a lot of people still waiting for GC from January 2017? What will happen in October 2020 when new visas are released? My EAD expires in September and my driving licence (MA) is tied up to the EAD, thinking of applying for renewal very soon.

Comment

Hi, I signed up to the forum to answer here!
      It all depends, when did you initially file (priority date)?

the dates in EB3 will fluctuate every month. Sometimes it will advance, sometimes they'll get pushed back depending on the amount of greencards requested/available.
      Good news June's bulletin. the EB3 jumped from Jan 2017 to Nov 2017.

I think it's likely that you'll receive a greencard in october because
      a) just until a few months ago the date was at current and now it was pushed back, and I assume the difference of requested amount to available was minimal and can be gained back fairly quickly.
      b) I think the had a high amount of greencard applicants request and being approved in the past 6-8 months as a lot of people had filed before october 2019 to avoid the paperwork change that was done. I am assuming the higher influx will weaken over the next months.

But these are all assumptions and all we can do is wait and provide documentation promptly when requested
      AOS L1B To GC EB3 world category
      07/19/2019 - PERM approved (priority date)
      10/12/2019 - I485/I140/I763 Filed concurrently.
      11/08/2019 - Received ASC appt letter - scheduled for 11/25
      11/25/2019 - FingerPrints taken
      12/06/2019 - EAD + advanced parole card received
      01/02/2020 - I140 approved
      02/11/2020 - transfer to center Lee's summit Misouri
      02/15/2020 - status changed to ready to schedule interview
      02/18/2020 - Request for RFE to bring at interview
      04/27/2020 - Interview canceled due covid

Comment

Originally posted by Frixiooon View Post
        Hi, I signed up to the forum to answer here!
        It all depends, when did you initially file (priority date)?

the dates in EB3 will fluctuate every month. Sometimes it will advance, sometimes they'll get pushed back depending on the amount of greencards requested/available.
        Good news June's bulletin. the EB3 jumped from Jan 2017 to Nov 2017.

I think it's likely that you'll receive a greencard in october because
        a) just until a few months ago the date was at current and now it was pushed back, and I assume the difference of requested amount to available was minimal and can be gained back fairly quickly.
        b) I think the had a high amount of greencard applicants request and being approved in the past 6-8 months as a lot of people had filed before october 2019 to avoid the paperwork change that was done. I am assuming the higher influx will weaken over the next months.

But these are all assumptions and all we can do is wait and provide documentation promptly when requested

Frixioom, I have a very similar time line as yours. I am running almost a month behind you. Its just that I was not required of finger prints.

Where about are you heading on EB3 ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X