Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Biometrics Submitted; EAD Approved but No Card; Pink Courtesy Letter (for I-693)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Biometrics Submitted; EAD Approved but No Card; Pink Courtesy Letter (for I-693)

I'm in the Adjustment of Status phase of the GC process and this is a summary of key events (in that order). I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone could share thoughts on the questions I have below.

Summary of Events:
    - Got biometrics invites but all got rescheduled AND eventually cancelled due to COVID-19 and USCIS closing. No biometrics submitted till date.
    - EAD got approved (04/22) but it's been several months and no update on whether the card is being produced.
    - Received a pink courtesy letter (~ two weeks ago) to submit I-693 in person during interview or via RFE

My questions are:
    1. Regarding EAD: Is it normal to wait thing long to get the card sent? There has been no update saying the card has been produced or sent -- it just says my case has been approved. I'm getting worried because I've been out of work for quite a while now.

2. I-693 Request: When should I expect an interview scheduled? Most experiences shared here state that they got an interview scheduled sometime after the letter but no concrete examples of timelines.

3. Has anyone gone through this process and gotten this far without submitting biometrics? I heard they may have been waived (since I got my EAD approved, I'm assuming that's true.

My EAD was also approved on May 21st and I received approval notice the following week. The site still just says case was approved but I called USCIS and they said the card was being produced. I suggest you call them. Often, the people on the phone have more information than what is on the site. Apparently though it can take up to 60 days to get the actual EAD card.

They also told me that my I-140 had been approved early last month but for whatever reason they had not sent me the approval notice nor have they updated the website to show it was approved. The person I spoke to on the phone had to put in a request for them to send out the approval notice, which I'm still waiting for an officer to be assigned to.

So yeah, things can take a little while. Call them and find out what it says on their system.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X