Specific phrase in job posting listed for green card purposes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Specific phrase in job posting listed for green card purposes

In the job postings that are listed in magazines and trade journals for the green card process, does anyone know what specific words or phrases they use to mark it as a 'green card' purpose job listing and not a normal one?

I think it's something like "Department of Labor" or something, but I'm not sure...

Thanks

There are no such words.. remember you H1 Job description and the GC job description should be a one to one match to avoid any query from DOL.

You cannot claim you are a Java specalist and give a Green card where you job requirment in you H1 is for a IBM main frame programmer..

It seems very obvious but some people miss the boat here, remember to get your H1 ammended if there is a requirment to align you skills. As sometimes people change in work in specalities other than ones for which H1 was awarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Xkuger View Post
      There are no such words.. remember you H1 Job description and the GC job description should be a one to one match to avoid any query from DOL.
      Is this really true?

Green card is for a future job. That means that I will assume the position when I get the GC. Now this position on which the GC is based on maybe different than what I am currently working as.

Besides, why would DOL bother about making sure your H1 job description aligns with PERM job description?
      Check out H1 FAQs first!
      http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X