Job change after filing I-485/AP/EAD but before 180 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job change after filing I-485/AP/EAD but before 180 days

My I-140 was approved in 2011 under EB2 India. With recent movement of FD, my 485/AP/EAD was filed along with EB3 I-140. If I change my job now, then it looks like my I-485 as well as the other applications would get denied. Is my understanding correct? Would I be able to file a new I-140 leveraging my 2011 PD?
    Also if the FD remains open for me, would I be able to file another I-485/EAD/AP simultaneously with the new I-140?

Which visa are you currently on? is it still valid? If you change job before completing 180 days after filing !485, your previous employer can withdraw I140 and your !485 will be denied.

Comment

Originally posted by coolnm View Post
      My I-140 was approved in 2011 under EB2 India. With recent movement of FD, my 485/AP/EAD was filed along with EB3 I-140. If I change my job now, then it looks like my I-485 as well as the other applications would get denied. Is my understanding correct? Would I be able to file a new I-140 leveraging my 2011 PD?
      Also if the FD remains open for me, would I be able to file another I-485/EAD/AP simultaneously with the new I-140?
      Once a PD is assigned to you, then it will remain with you forever. If you leave your current job, then your I485 will be denied, but you will still be able to file a new I140 along with a new I485 (if FD remains good for you) based on your initial PD.
      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X