Changing jobs after filing AOS (I-485) application for Greencard with USCIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing jobs after filing AOS (I-485) application for Greencard with USCIS

Hey guys - I filed my adjustment of status (AOS) application in November 2020, and still waiting to get an update. I have not even received the USCIS receipt. My application is EB3-ROW.

I am looking to change jobs, and looking at two options: (1) Within my current employer (2) outside my current employer.

I have read about the process of requesting to "port" job offer to another employer after I-485 application has been pending for 180 days or more on USCIS What is not clear is the change of job within the current employer.

Has anyone gone through either of these two experiences recently? Even after the application is pending for 180 days, how simple is the "port" process? How long could it take?

If there is another similar post/conversation already, appreciate if you can direct me to that. Appreciate any help.

Hi, I am curious about same situation. Were you able to get any inputs?. I believe porting(AC21) is needed within current employer also, but it should be fine as long as it is similar or same job.

Comment

I have not received a clear guidance on this yet. I am now actually going through an internal job change soon with my current employer. And I am still couple months of away from hitting the 180 days since filing of I-485. It's nerve-wracking, but I am willing to take the risk and see how the lawyers work it out. I will follow up with my experience.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X