Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GC when relocating to India under same employer - after I-140 Approved, I-485 filed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC when relocating to India under same employer - after I-140 Approved, I-485 filed

Hello Immigration Gurus,
    I'm an Indian citizen, and I have an EB3 I-140 approved (priority date: Oct 2013).
    My I-485 was eligible to file, last Oct 2020, and it's currently under process.

My I-485 is currently pending EAD/AP approval. I estimate maybe another 2-3 years for 1-485 to be approved, but I need to relocate to India now for family reasons.
    I'll still be working for the same employer at their India location (same job role - Software Engineer, different team). My employer will not revoke the I-140.

Will I still be eligible to get a green card while I continue to work from India? Perhaps with consular processing?

Thanks!

From what I know, You can go ahead with consular processing.
    However, please be note that the GC, in case it will be issued to you, requires you to come to the US and work there. If you have the GC and not come to the US, it will be expired and your case will be noted. In future, if you want to come to the US again, this case will be brought up again in any interview for visa, GC...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X