Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice - Priority Date became current, what to expect next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Priority Date became current, what to expect next?

My priority date became current this month and my 485 was already filed back in 2012, so what should I expect next? will USCIS pickup my application automatically or do I need to hire attorney at this stage? How long should I wait before I contact to USCIS or attorney? Please advice as per your experience.

Our priority date became current again in October 2020, I was able to make an inquiry in mid November and the response was this:
    Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed the status of your case and found that it remains under active examination. This office acknowledges the completion of your case being outside of the normal processing time and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure thorough processing of your case.

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide you with a definitive timeframe at this point. USCIS will notify you if any further information is needed from you or when a decision has been made.
    Then received an RFE for new medicals, sent them last month and no updates just that they received the documents. We can't make an inquiry now because now the estimated times are up to 51.5 months and we are only on month 29 since we started our AOS.

Every case is different, I hope you get news soon.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

How many days after priority date became current you received RFE? Did you use Attorney at this point?
      Last edited by anandg7; 04-09-2021, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Around 145 days after our PD became current. We have the same attorney since we started the AOS.
        ---
        All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

Enub4 what I mean is, do we need to contact Attorney or is it something that will happen automatically through USCIS.

Comment

It happened automatically, USCIS sent the RFE to our address and to the attorney's address.
            ---

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X