Dependent applicant did not receive medical RFE for I-485 application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependent applicant did not receive medical RFE for I-485 application

Recently, I received an RFE on my I-485 application to provide medical examination and vaccination record. However my wife didn't receive the RFE yet. It's been two weeks since I received my RFE. My understanding is that both of us should have received an RFE at the same time? Is this common that one of the applicant in the family receives RFE later? In this case should I reply to my RFE or wait for her RFE to arrive and then respond to both RFE's together? Should I add her medical records as well in my response to my medical RFE? Would replying alone to just my medical RFE have any impact on her application?

TIA for any advise on this issue.

Regards.

Usually, the RFE requires a response within 2-3 months. You should not delay your response outside that time.
    Is not that common but it happens. Sometimes they issue an RFE first then the other.
    We always sent each RFE on an individual envelope/shipping.
    It is not advisable to send the medical exam without the RFE letter or together with only your letter.
    If everything else has arrived at the same time, you can call/chat with customer support and ask about that maybe you are missing a letter.
    If you have a lawyer, most of the time they receive the RFE too. You can answer the RFE with your letter or with the lawyer's letter.
    I don't think responding to your RFE will affect her case, the RFE delay is what can affect her case (approval can take longer).
    There are reports that sometimes, when a family applies for GC, some members get the approval first and others could take weeks or even months to get the approval.
    Good luck, I hope you get the RFE soon.
    Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
    Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
    Day 999 - Card delivered to me - Aug 2021
    ---
    All my posts are based on my experience or information I read on the forums or the USCIS website. I may be wrong. Please consult a professional.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X