Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going back to home country for few years, trasferring I-140 to consular processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going back to home country for few years, trasferring I-140 to consular processing

Hi,
    I am currently in US and have H1B and I-140 approved with priority date of Sept 2017. I have been in USA for more than 8 years now. I am planning to return to India because of familial reasons for few years. My current employer doesn't have an entity in India, so I have to resign from my current job. But my employer is ready to hire me back in future when my personal situation changes and I am ready to come back to US. In this situation, if my employer files I-824 to transfer my I-140 to US consulate in India, then would I be able to get green card through consular processing assuming that my employer will give me a US offer letter when visa number is available? Also, while I am India, I will not be able to maintain my H1B status and I will not be employee of the employer who filed my consular processing. Would that affect by green card processing through consular process?

Thank you in advance for taking time to read and reply, really appreciate it!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X