GC processing from India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GC processing from India

I am currently working in the US on H-1B visa and my green card is being processed by my employer. My I-140 is already approved and I am currently waiting for my priority date to apply for I-485. If I have to go back to India, can I still continue my green card processing or will my current labor and I-140 become invalid? If I am still working for the same employer in India, is that sufficient to continue my GC processing and once approved, can I come back to the US?

Sure can. However, the firm has to inform USCIS that your application is now going to change from AOS to CP (Consular Processing). This is usually on the I140 form but can be changed later on again.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

GC Processing from India

Thanks a lot for your response txh1b. Just another question, since my GC is already in process and I will be leaving US and going back to India in the middle, do I have to keep working for the same employer who's processing my GC in India as well or can I work for another employer / myself?

Appreciate your help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X