Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EB2 : Same Job Title with Previous Employers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EB2 : Same Job Title with Previous Employers ?

We have the following question related to "Computer and Information Scientist, Research" Job Title for EB-2 Green Card Category.

Now a days under EB-2 if someone is working in the "Software/ IT" field the only job title that is eligible to apply is "Computer and Information Scientist, Research".

Also, under EB-2 for a person with Bachelors degree; 5+ Years experience is required.

My current Job Title with the current company applying my Green Card is already the same from last 6 months approximately. I had different job titles [e.g. Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead/ Programmer Analyst] in my previous work experience but with most of the job duties/ responsibilities matching to “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title. Also, I had 5+ Years experience prior to joining my GC sponsoring employer. I progressively evolved in my job duties & responsibilities in last few year of time frame & got promoted to the “Computer & Information Scientist, Research” Job Title with my current employer in recent.

My question is "is it mandatory to have the same Job Title i.e. of Computer & Information Scientist, Research for 5 Years prior to joining the current employer sponsoring my GC in order to file under EB-2 category"?

Who has given you this apparently incorrect information? The job title is insignificant. The job duties and experience needed should be meeting the EB2 requirements. Your current job title need not even match the GC job title as long as your title changes to it before you get the GC approval.

Say I am a Software engineer level 3 now. Software engineer level 4 requires BS + 5 years exp and was advertised for GC. As long as I have those required as of the date of the labor, the advertised position could be used to file for my GC and can get promoted to SE4 during the course of GC process.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Running Parallel EB3 and EB2 with same Employer.

Hi,

My perm is already approved with EB3 and I140 is in the process for the last 6 months. My question is that I want my employer to file in EB2 for me. I've 7 years of experience with (4year) BS in Computer Science. When I joined this employer I was having 4 years of experience. So, How I can use the experience that I've earned in this company and become eligible for EB2? What are the options that I can present in front of my employer?

1) Ask him to promote and change my designation? What is the process?

I don't know anyother way, please guide so that I'll talk to him.

Thanks.

Comment

Very risky to have both EB2 and EB3 petition with the same employer. Not recommended. The jobs should be different and requirements should be different. Suggest a consultation with a competant attorney if you decide to follow that approach.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X