Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate for Green Card - H1B - EB2 Employment based GC

Hello Everyone,

I highly respect the forum members for information on H1B, and immigration information. Though my I-485 EAD is a bit far away (about 3 years as of now) I am preparing to have the documents ready not because the GC queue will move fast, but because of my ability to procure the documents at a later time as many things are going in my life and may get very much sidetracked.

Anyway, I was born in Madras in the late 1970s (now called Chennai) at home (not in a hospital). Therefore, I don't have a record in the hospital. For the last 6 months, I tried to get help from my friends locally but it is not going anywhere so I have come to a point that I have to get my birth certificate or affidavit through agents.

I found https://nriway.com/nri-service/nri-birth-certificate as one of the agencies but they are asking about $350-$400 right when starting the process. Nothing works without money - understood but want to know if these folks are reliable and if I can trust them to get the certificates without any hassle.

These are the questions on my mind; you don't have to answer every point but I think you get an idea of what's lingering on my mind. I also believe your experience will benefit everyone who is in such a need in future.
    1. Did you use their service? (https://nriway.com/nri-service/nri-birth-certificate)
    2. What was that for?
    3. Trust factor?
    4. How much did they charge?
    5. Did you have to give them upfront or pay-as-you-go? Please expand.
    6. What was the cost?
    7. Was there any haggling after the initial price agreement?
    8. Did you have any issues during the process?
    9. Are there any alternate service agencies?

Looking forward for your advice. Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X