Sponsor Canadian Brother

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsor Canadian Brother

Hello Everyone, I need some suggestions.
    I am an American Citizen by Naturalization, and my brother is a Canadian Citizen by Naturalization. We are originally from India. What is the best way to sponsor him?
    I know there is huge wait for anyone who is born

I would rather talk to immigration lawyer. Because here not many people would venture to give recommendations that can happen to be wrong, for example.

Comment

You would petition him by filing I-130. Siblings are in the F4 category. According to the latest visa bulletin, F4 visas are available for petitions filed about 17.5 years ago for people born in India (which is only about 1.5 years behind the rest of the world, which has F4 visas for petitions filed about 16 years ago). If his spouse was born in a different country, and they are immigrating together, they can charge to his spouse's country of birth.

Another option, if your brother is unmarried, and your parent wants to move to the US, is you can petition your parent first (which is in the Immediate Relative category with no wait for visa numbers, but the processing will take 1-2 years before your parent enters with their immigrant visa). As soon as your parent enters with their immigrant visa, your parent can petition your brother, as an unmarried over-21 child of a permanent resident, in the F2B category, which has visas for petitions filed about 7.5 years ago. But for this to work, your brother would have to remain unmarried until he immigrates, and your parent would have to maintain residence in the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X