After 7 year on L1 A visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After 7 year on L1 A visa

I am completing 7 year on my L1 A visa after 6 month .Can you please let me know what is my next steps in order to stay here in US .I heard after 7 year on L1 A someone need to return back to India for 1 year .Is there any other work around to stay and work here in US .Please advice me .

Originally posted by pkgupta2011 View Post
    I am completing 7 year on my L1 A visa after 6 month .Can you please let me know what is my next steps in order to stay here in US .I heard after 7 year on L1 A someone need to return back to India for 1 year .Is there any other work around to stay and work here in US .Please advice me .
    No work around at this point in time. Usually, people convert to H1b and then have Labor filed to get extension before 5 years. In your case, as you have already gone past 6.5 years, going back is the only option.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Does this mean that after staying outside the US for one year the 6 years limit is "reset" and you can apply again for either L or H visa?

Thanks

Comment

Yes , your clock will reset after you stay our of US for 365 days.

Yes , your clock will reset after you stay out of US for 365 days. Then you are eligible for a FRESH H-1 or L-1

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X