Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Greencard through Future Company

Hi -

Currently I am working on a H1B from past 4years ( 2yrs left for completion of 6yrs H1B quota) as a permanent employee from company AA.

Is it possible/legal/advisable to apply Green Card through another company BB ?

As I understand the Green Card might take more than several years, can I extend my H1B through the current employer (AA) till green card approves after 6 years complete?

or it is advisable to transfer to the company BB and apply green card ?

Appreciate your response/advise.

Thanks - N Sen.

Originally posted by ns001 View Post
    Hi -

Currently I am working on a H1B from past 4years ( 2yrs left for completion of 6yrs H1B quota) as a permanent employee from company AA.

Is it possible/legal/advisable to apply Green Card through another company BB ?

As I understand the Green Card might take more than several years, can I extend my H1B through the current employer (AA) till green card approves after 6 years complete?

or it is advisable to transfer to the company BB and apply green card ?

Appreciate your response/advise.

Thanks - N Sen.
    You can continue working for same employer and let company BB file for your green card. I believe it's doable. Only question is who will do put that trust on H1B and file it?

I am the same boat and have been actively looking for an employer who can file green card on future basis. I am working with fortune 100 company but they applied under EB3 category.
    Wish you good luck if you find one.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X