Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• regd eligibility for applying for Green Card on 6th year of H1-B

Hello Forum,

Can someone please clarify me this questions. I am not sure about the technicalities of Green Card processing and I am looking at the feasibility of doing Green Card process for myself at this time.

1) I am on 6th year of H1-B and my H1-B expires in April 20, 2012. My employer is not doing Green Card. I am planning to do
    Green Card with other Employer. I need to initiate this. But before even thinking of this, is it technically possible for doing a Green Card proccess now. I was told that if I get the labor, I can have 1 year extension. But since I have just 7-8 months, can I apply for Green card process. Or does the Green card need to be applied with more than 1 year of H1-B remaining.

2) Under future employer Green card process assuming another Employer B does a Green card process for me immediately. When do I need to join Employer B. Do I need to join now itself or in another couple of months. If that is the case I also need to do H1-B Transfer. Or can I join after April 20, 2012 when 7th year H1-B extension is applied by the future Employer B.

Can someone please answer this questions. Appreciate the responses as this would greatly help me to make decisions and do my plannings immediately either for Green card or for some other alternative career options for me if I have to leave USA.

Regards,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X