Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS+3 as a "Substitute" for BS+5?

Hello Attorneys/Senior Members/Moderators,

My Qualification before joining my current employer : MS + 3 Years of Experience
    "Minimum" Requirements of the Profile I'm hired for: BS+5 Years of Experience ( i.e. does NOT need /state a MS degree requirement)

Q.1. Does my employer have the ability to use my "MS+3 years of experience" qualification as a substitute for my job requirement that states "BS+5 years of experience" in order to initiate my green card process in EB2? ( I'm not asking if my employer can "tweak" the process, but want to confirm if it's legal to do this)

Q.2. If the minimum job requirements are "BS+6 years" and assuming the answer for Q.1 is "yes, legally allowed", then do I also need to have a minimum qualification equivalent to "BS+6 years" to qualify for EB2 Filing OR As long as I have the minimum qualification of "BS+5 years" OR "MS+3 years" as needed for EB2, I'm still eligible for EB2 though the job requires "BS+6 years"?

Thanks for the help!

1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the immediate response.

I did not understand the answer for Q.2. What option of Q.2. did you mean to say "Yes" for?

Thanks!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X